Revision as of 12:54, 15 April 2010 by Aexion (Protected "Gradient Tutorial" ([edit=sysop] (indefinite) [move=sysop] (indefinite)))
This tutorial is for working with the new gradient options of Incendia EX.
For more information about the gradients, please consult the Gradient Controls page.
The Baseshape Editor
- Change the Depth value from 0 to 6.
- Go to the Colors Tab.
The Color Tab
- Select the Use Gradient Colors to enable the gradient use.
- Change the Panel option from Vector to Points in order to see a fast preview of the gradients.
- For every iteration, theres an assigned color from the gradient.
- Colors counts from this point (iteration 1) and move from left to right up to down until the last onr (iteration 255) is reached.
- This is the last iteration point, if a baseshape has more than 256 iterations, it returns to the first color and start counting again.
- Close the Baseshape Editor.
- Use the Preview button in order to see how the gradient will looks in combination with the light materials.
- Go to the Render panel.
The Advanced Tab
- In the Render Panel, select the Advanced Tab.
- And change the Color Blend Mode, from addition to multiplication.
- Once the Color Blend Mode is changed to multiplication, you will see more clearly the gradient. Experiment with the other options.