Simple Blocks Tutorial
This simple tutorial is for using the new Blocks interface on Incendia EX VI
The Blocks Editor Structure
This is the Main Block Editor, and its composed of the following elements:
1. The Transformation Block, there are 40 possible transformations, ranging from simple affine transformations, up to quaternionic mobius transformations.
2. The Block parameters, this varies depend of the blocks type. You can enter the parameters directly or use the widget controls if they are available (not: not all blocks use parameters).
3. The Parameters controls, These collections of widgets helps to change interactively the blocks parameters. The willbecome visible depending of the block type.
4. The preview panel control, Many Blocks uses this control to position values in X,Y,Z (the affine transformation block, for example) or just to change parameters (the gummoski-mira attractor block is a good example).
5. The transformation weight control, Just assigns probability to the current transformation.
6. The realtime point preview window, This small windows can show interactively how the blocks parameters changes.
7. The Edit Generator control, This is for selecting the Generators for the random fractal generations (The New Fractal button).
Every Block has the following controls
[ X ] Deletes the Block.
[ T ] Changes the Block Type.
[ I ] Inserts a new Block.
Starting the Tutorial
This tutorial has many steps, but they are very simple and in most cases, self explanatory.
1. When you start Incendia EX VI, the default fractal is the Sierpinski triangle (IFS). Do not change anything
2. Press the Send to Blocks button, this will convert the IFS fractal type into a Blocks type.
1. This is the Block type Control.
2. Select the Sphere Inversion Block.
1. The effect of the new Block will become visible on the preview window .
2. Close the Transformation editor.
Here's how the fractal looks.
Basically the first transformation is composed of the combination of two blocks, one Affine Block and an Sphere Inversion. Since the other two transformations aren't changed (they are just Affine transformation), the overall figure still has a sierpinski triangle structure. Now time to make it in full 3D.